VWC vertical windlasses
The VWC Series is designed for automatic vertical handling of chain-only anchor rodes while offering an independent capstan for the retrieval of a secondary rope and chain rode or to assist with docking procedures.
Features and benefits:
- Fully automatic single- or dual-direction chainwheel operation
- High-quality finish on above-deck components, manufactured from marine-grade stainless steel (AISI 316), for long-term durability
- Integral chain pipe and stripper are aligned for virtually jam-free operation providing automatic feed of chain into and out of the anchor locker
- Port and starboard chain pipes for twin installations (Sizes 2500 and above only)
- Cone-type brake/clutch mechanism permits manual ‘free-fall’ anchoring. Cone clutches, unlike dog clutches, provide smooth progressive engagement ensuring safe and precise operator control
- Chainwheel locking pawl
- Optional Band Brake available for 3500 series unit
- Clutch disengagement of the chainwheel enables independent rope hauling from any direction, using the Max-grip™ snag-free warping drum for positive control of all ropes
- Simple through-deck installation by modular design and precise alignment of gearbox to the topworks utilizing marine-grade stainless steel (AISI 316) bolts
- Anodized aluminum gearbox and spacer tube on all models.
- Heavy-duty, dual-direction motor, designed for marine winches
- Low-profile configurations (no warping drum) are available